Dr Ruchir Tewari
MBBS (MAMC), MD Ophthalmologist (AIIMS), FICO (UK)
- Specialty:- Expert In Cataract & Vitreoretinal Surgeries
- Experience:- 10 Years of Experience
Education & Experience
- Maulana Azad Medical college, New Delhi
- Dr RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences (RPC), AIIMS (New Delhi)
- Leipzig, Germany, training in surgery under Prof. Peter Wiedemann, an international stalwart in the field.
- Fellow of Royal College of surgeons (FRCS Part 1), Glasgow
Areas Of Interest
As an early adopter of technology, he is one of the very few surgeons in the region performing 27 Gauge minimally invasive Vitreo-retinal surgery (MIVS) for macular disorders (macular hole, Epiretinal membrane, VMT etc), retinal detachment and complex diabetic cases.
Publications and Awards
- Luigi Barca award for Best Paper (Medical Retina) in Floretina 2017, Florence, Italy, for paper presentation titled “Ultra-Wide-Field (UWF) Imaging of Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy (FEVR)
- Poster presentation at WOC 2018, Barcelona, titled “Posterior shifting of scleral port for myopic retinal detachments”
- Oral Paper presentation in WCPOS IV 2017, Hyderabad, titled “Clinical Features and Management of Glaucoma Following Surgery for Stage 4 Retinopathy of Prematurity”
- Oral paper presentation in Floretina 2017 in Florence, Italy, titled “Best Vitelliform Dystrophy Complicated by Macular Hole Associated Retinal Detachment Treated with Inverted ILM Flap and Gas Tamponade”
- Poster presentation in Floretina 2017, Florence, Italy, titled “Vomiting Induced Bleed in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy”
- Oral paper presentation in Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS) 2017, titled “Clinical Features and Management of Glaucoma Following Surgery for Stage 4 Retinopathy of Prematurity” in Dr. AC Agarwal Trophy session.
- Poster presentation in APAO – AIOC 2013, Hyderabad on “Effect of a novel computer software simulating Humphrey Visual Field (HVF) on patient performance of HVF.”
- Poster presentation in Asia ARVO 2013, New Delhi on “Glaucoma Patients’ awareness and approval of gifts to ophthalmologists from pharmaceutical companies at a University hospital.”
- Paper Presentation at Annual Meeting of the Vitreo-Retina Society of India 2014, Agra titled “Role of Posterior Laser Barrage in Advancing Retinopathy of Prematurity.”