Dr VK Tewari
MBBS, MS, Ophthalmology
- Speciality:-Expert In Advanced Ophthalmic Surgical care
- Experience:- 39 Years of Experience
Education & Experience
- Graduate and post graduate from KG Medical College Lucknow; of the 1973 MBBS batch
- Fellowship in Anterior segment Diseases’ from The Clinical Institute of Ophthalmology Japan in 1989
- Delhi Medical Council 76669
Areas Of Interest
After working as Chief Eye Surgeon &HOD at GM Modi Hospital(NSPB) from 1985 to 1995, Currently, He is the Director of Tewari Eye Centre, A centre for comprehensive, advanced ophthalmic surgical care. He is also a faculty member of AIOS,DOS, UPSOS and Uttarakhand Ophthalmic society. Along with it he has been appointed the Cornea Consultant to Govt of Uttarakhand, and the Chief Inspector for HOTA(Human Organ Transplant Act)
- Philanthropically inclined ,Dr Tewari has , for the last 15 years been organizing and conducting free Phaco eye camps and phaco training programmes in rural areas of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.To date he has more than ONE LAC’ Cataract surgeries to his credit.
- He has been very actively involved in Clinical and academic activities, having delivered several guest lectures at various Ophthalmic conferences, both national and international.
- His latest being a paper presented in ESCRS Milan Italy.
- He has also performed live surgeries as teaching demonstrations, at workshops and conferences across the country.