Advanced Eye Care and
Specialized Retina Treatment
- Improve your quality of life
- Safe & Precise Procedure
- Restore vision
- Latest Technology and Equipment’s
Effective Options For Your Visual Health
What is RETINA?
The retina is the innermost, thin layer of nerve cells that lines the back of the eye. The function of the retina is to convert the light into neural signals and send them to the brain for visual recognition. The retina is a vital tissue, and retinal disorders may severely affect the sight and cause blindness, if not treated on time.
Tewari Eye Centre is one of the best retina hospitals. For diagnosis and treatment of retina related issue
Meet The Doctor
Dr. Ruchir Tewari
- M.B.B.S. Maulana Azad Medical college, New Delhi
- M.S. Ophthalmology at Dr RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences (RPC), AIIMS (New Delhi)
- 10 years of experience
- He is a Fellow of International council of Ophthalmology (ICO) and was awarded the ICO Fellowship in vitreo-retinal surgery
- After completing his training at AIIMS, he went to Leipzig, Germany for further training in surgery under Prof. Peter Wiedemann, an international stalwart in the field.
- Apart from excellent diagnostic and surgical skills he is a keen researcher with more than 30 publications in indexed national and international journals and many book chapters to his name.
- He is one of the very few surgeons in the region performing 27 Gauge minimally invasive Vitreo-retinal surgery (MIVS) for macular disorders (macular hole, Epiretinal membrane, VMT etc), retinal detachment and complex diabetic cases
- Key area of interest is complex vitreo-retinal surgery, (ROP) Retinopathy of prematurity, diabetic eye disease and macular degeneration.
Understanding Retinal Treatment
Type Of Retinal Problems
It is defined by the presence of fluid under the retina. It usually occurs when fluid passes through a retinal tear, causing retina to lift away from the underlying layer. The main symptoms are loss/blurring of vision, curtain like shadow over visual field & loss of field of vision. Retinal detachment surgery cost in Delhi is quite affordable now and available easily at Tewari Eye Centre.
This condition causes swelling & inflammation in the middle layer of the eye called Uvea. The cause is often unknown. It is sometimes associated with auto immune disorders or viral/bacterial infection. Common symptoms are-floaters, loss of vision, severe redness in eye, pain & light sensitivity. In advanced stages- Retinal detachment or epiretinal membrane can be found.
It is a delicate tissue like membrane lying on top of the retina. This membrane pulls up on retina which distorts your vision. It can be due to aging, inflammatory disorder, retinal tear etc.
It is a small defect in the centre of retina (macula). It may develop from abnormal traction between retina & vitreous. Main causes are idiopathic (unknown), aging, long standing macular edema, injury to eye etc. Usually, you present with gradual loss of vision.
It is discontinuity of retina. It occurs due to pull over retina created by shrinkage of vitreous gel in the posterior part of eye. Main causes are aging, pathological (very high) myopia, trauma, diabetic retinopathy etc. Usually the patient presents with floaters & flashes. Tewari eye centre is a trusted and reputed retina care center in Delhi. Contact us to start your treatment.
If you have diabetes, the tiny blood vessels in the back of your eye can deteriorate & leak fluid into & under the retina. In early stage it may remain asymptomatic. Later, it causes retina to swell which may blur or distort your vision. It can, in advance stages, cause retinal detachment. You can also develop abnormal blood vessels that break & bleed. The main symptom is floaters in early stages followed by sudden loss of vision.
It is a genetic progressive degenerative disease that initially affects the peripheral retina followed by central vision. Night blindness is the main complaint. It may be associated with other systemic disorders in both children and adults.
This potentially blinding disease is exclusively seen in premature babies with low birth weights. Screening within 30 days of birth in the best modality to avoid blindness.
What are the Treatments?
Best Retina Surgery Specialist in Noida. At Tewari Eye Centre, you will be subjected to a variety of diagnostic tests to confirm your diagnosis. After a comprehensive retinal checkup, our retina specialist will individualize your treatment plan and explain you the prognosis.
Used in diabetic retinopathy, ROP -retinopathy of prematurity, retinal vein occlusion, retinal breaks/holes, lattice, certain tumors. At present, Nd yag(Green) laser is used for above mentioned conditions. It causes retinal burn which causes retinal breaks & regressions of new vessels. Get in touch with us to book an appointment with our best retina specialist in India.
It is a surgical procedure to treat eye problems involving retina, macula & vitreous like retinal detachment, macular hole, epiretinal membrane , vitreous haemorrhage & diabetic retinopathy complications. Upto 50 % of the patients requiring VR surgery present as emergency or urgent cases. At Tewari Eye Centre, we have best retina doctor. We offer vitreoretinal surgery (MIVS- 23 G / 25 G / 27 G) and sutureless retina surgery.
Standard of care is laser treatment. In some cases intra-vitreal can be given. In advanced stages, Complex vitro-retinal surgery is required.
Uveitis is a challenging disease to treat. Although most causes inflammatory but injections also play a major role. Clinical tests are done in search of potential cause. Eye drops in combination with systemic (oral or IV) anti inflammatory , anti infective medicine are mostly prescribed. Intra vitreal or peri ocular injections are sometimes given to augment treatment.
In this procedure, medicine is delivered directly into the back of the eye near retina which enables highly targeted drug therapy maximizing therapeutic delivery. Anti VGEF injections are used in cases of diabetes retinopathy, uveitis, ROP- (retinopathy of prematurity), CME (cystoid macular edema), CNVM (choroidal neovascular membranes) ,Endophthalmitis etc,. Steroids e.g, Tricort are also used in above mentioned conditions depending upon clinical evaluation. Antibiotics are used in intra ocular injections.
Post Treatment Care for Retina Patients
Proper Positioning as mentioned by the doctor for 3days-2 weeks depending upon type of procedure.
- e/d cycloplege for 1 week.
- e/d antibiotic for 2 weeks.
- e/d steroid for 3 weeks.
- IOP lowering drug depending upon IOP on postoperative day 1
- +- oral antibiotic
- +-oral steroid
- Oral analgesic sos
- Rubbing of eyes
- Close follow up
- Use timely medication
- Avoid spillage of water into eyes spillage
- Avoid going to mountain/ flight x 2-6 weeks
Patient has to come for follow up after surgery
- After 1 day
- After 1 week
- After 3 week
- Repeat injection every 4 weeks
- Systemic control – Blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure, HB
Retina Eye Surgery Cost In Delhi
Retina surgery procedure that you elect can occur only after a careful evaluation of your eye and the type of refractive error that presently obscures your vision. The exact price is determined after a thorough examination of both the eyes and understanding your health history.
The complexity of your refractive error can affect the cost of your retina surgery, but you may expect to pay in the range of Rs 50,000 to 1,20,000 (approx.) for both eyes to achieve the most positive outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Risks factors involved with retinal disorders can be:
- Diabetes and Hypertension
- Eye trauma
- A family history of retinal diseases
Vitrectomy surgery is done to treat a lot of eye disorders, like:
- Diabetic vitreous haemorrhage
- Retinal detachment
- Macular hole
- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy
- Removal of Intraocular foreign body
- Epiretinal membrane
- Retrieval of the lens nucleus following complicated cataract surgery
Diabetic retinopathy progresses in four stages, namely:
- Stage 1:- Mild Non-proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy (NPDR)
- Stage 2:- Moderate Non-proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Stage 3:- Severe Non-proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Stage 4:- Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy (PDR)
Tewari Eye Centre provides you with comprehensive treatment for retinal disorders.
- The spectrum of services we offer for retinal disorders are:
- Retina surgery & care with advanced vitreoretinal surgeries
- Retinal detachment treatment (Retinal tear treatment)
- Diabetic retinopathy management
- Laser retina surgery
- Treatment for age-related macular degeneration
- Treatment for uveitis
- We have one of the best teams of highly-skilled and experienced retina specialists
- We house the best infrastructure and state-of-the-art medical equipment for retinal care