Get Rid of Glasses
Instantly with Best Eye
Doctors Near You
- Latest & Safest Technology in Specs Removal
- Sharpest Vision Possible
- World Class Infrastructure
Tired of Wearing Glasses All The Time?
Get Rid of Them Permanently!
What Happens In LASIK?
Restore your eyesight with this quick and effective laser vision correction surgery. If you are suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) or farsightedness (hypermetropia) or have astigmatism, you can find permanent freedom from contact lenses and specs
Am I fit for LASIK surgery?
For Lasik Surgery These Things Has To Be There:
- Age More Than 18 Years
- No Change In Glass Power In Last One Year
- Normal Pentacam Test
Meet The Doctor
Dr. Piyush Tewari
- M.B.B.S. (Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Karnataka)
- M.S. (Ophthalmology, Command Hospital, Western Command. Pt B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak)
- 5 Years of Experience
- Expert In Cataract, Refractive & Corneal Surgeries
- Successfully Delivered 15000+ Lasik Surgeries
- Presented free paper, “What Drives Progressive Keratoconus: A Study Of Inflammatory Signatures” in European Society of Cornea and Refractive surgeons (ESCRS 2017) meeting in Lisbon.
- Won International Travel Grant for INTACS Followed By TOPOGUIDED EPITHELIAL REMOVAL AND COLLAGEN CROSSLINKING at Asia Pacific association of cornea and refractive surgeons 2018.
- Applied nomination for INTERNATIONAL HEROES AWARD at upcoming All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS) conference due in 2019.
Best Center For Lasik Treatment
Understanding Lasik Treatment
Type Of Surgeries
In the Blade-Less technique, there are no blades working on the eye. The whole procedure is done by the use of one or a combination of two lasers; Femto Laser and Excimer Laser.
Surface laser procedures are designed for people who are otherwise not suitable for regular LASIK procedures, such as those with thin corneas.
In Blade procedures, a special blade called Microkeratome is used to make the corneal flap and then Excimer Laser is used to correct the spectacle power. Modern microkeratomes are able to create flap almost similar to the ones created by Femto Lasers.
What Is the Treatment?
There is no medication for treating cataract, but surgery has long proven to be an effective treatment for the disorder. With the advancement in technology, it is now safer, to get a surgery, than ever to get your vision corrected with minimal risks involved. The decision to have surgery depends on the degree to which your vision is impaired.
At Tewari Eye Centre we offer
- Painless & Bladeless Cataract Surgery
- 30 Min of Procedure
- Quick Recovery
What are the different kinds of refractive errors?
For people with myopia, distant objects seem blurry, while nearby objects appear to be clearer. It happens because of the mismatch in focusing power and eye length.
It is a common vision problem in which people see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may seem blurry. This condition is also known as farsightedness.
This happens when the cornea flattens or curves unevenly. It disrupts the focus of both near and distant vision. Many people suffer from a combination of myopia, hyperopia with astigmatism. hyperopia with astigmatism.
It refers to long-sightedness caused by the loss of elasticity of the eye lens generally occurring in the middle and old age. It is also called the ‘Aging Eye’ condition.
Post Treatment Care for Lasik Patients
- E/d antibiotic , E/d steroid , E/d lubricant- one month tab pain killer sos
- Use dark glasses for two weeks (specially outdoors) to prevent from dust & trauma
- Strictly avoid rubbing of eye
- Do not splash water directly in eye for at least two weeks
- Instill proper medication as advised
- Report immediately to hospital in case of any problem
Patient has to come for follow up after surgery
- After 1 day
- After 1 week
- After 3 week
Lasik Eye Surgery Cost In Delhi
Any surgical procedure that you elect can occur only after a careful evaluation of your eye and the type of refractive error that presently obscures your vision. The exact price is determined after a thorough examination of both the eyes and understanding your health history.
The complexity of your refractive error can affect the cost of your surgery, but you may expect to pay in the range of Rs 85,000 to 1,00,000 (approx.) for both eyes to achieve the most positive outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
As with any surgical procedure, Lasik also comes with risks which include dryness of eye(usually temporary), night time glare(temporary). Other rare complications include corneal infections, keratoconus( corneal thinning) etc. Over the years safety profile of Lasik surgery has improved tremendously and with sophisticated diagnostic tests it has become the safest surgery with exceptional results. With a good preoperative check-up the risks can be considered completely negligible.
Apparent change in refractive power of the eye is known to occur post Lasik surgery. After careful case selection the incidence is very less. With that being said here are some reasons which might cause this:-
- Unstable glass power at the time of surgery.
- Surgery done at a very young age.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Secondary spike of refractive power.
- Corenal ectasia.
- Excessive accomodation.
Even if your glass power recurs it does not mean that you will have to undergo repeat surgery because usually these refractive changes are very less and most people will not require any re-treatment. Our team will evaluate the cause and treat it medically. Extremely rarely people will need repeat treatment and and that is given at no extra charge.
Most of the blurriness goes away by about the next day, though the clarity gradually increases over a couple of days after the Lasik surgery procedure. Call us to know anything about the best laser eye surgery.
Lasik surgery requires a corneal flap before actual refractive treatment can be performed. This corneal flap can be made using an automated blade (microkeratome) or a femtosecond laser.
Although microkeratome lasik has given excellent results over the years. It is still associated with flap relations complications like cut flap, buttonholes in the flap, partially cut flap. These complications can arise due to inherent nature of microkeratome because it has many moving parts like rotating blade, motor, microkeratome assembly. In femtosecond laser there are no moving parts as the surgery is done entirely using a laser. The chances of corneal flap related complications are virtually non existent. Hence femtosecond laser based surgery is surely the better option without doubt.
The cost of lasik surgery can vary greatly between different hospitals depending upon the type of surgery you opt for. Heavily discounted lasik surgery offered by certain centres largely remains a gimmick and carries a lot of hidden costs. Moreover reusing surgical blades and outdated lasik machines reflect into heavily discounted cost of lasik surgery. Being a one time procedure such heavily discounted procedures should be totally avoided.
Lasik is not safe for people with pre-existing corneal diseases, severe dry eye, thin cornea.
Yes. Alternate surgeries like PRK/Trans-PRK and ICL can be safely performed subject to the level of thickness of your cornea.
Refractive Eye Surgery :
Refractive Surgery encompasses a very wide range of procedures which primarily aim to reduce the spectacle dependence of patients. Safety profile of these surgeries is excellent and they have given extremely reproducible results over the years. As with any other surgery, the outcomes depend upon patient selection and selection of the right procedure.
“One size does not fit all” and that’s why we recommend any surgical procedure after thorough evaluation of our patients. Refractive surgeries offered are:
- LASIK (Laser in situ keratomileusis)
- PRK (Photorefractive keratectomy)
- Trans-PRK (Transepithelial PRK)
- SMILE (Small incision lenticular extraction)
- ICL (Implantable contact lens)
- IPCL (Implantable phakic contact lens)
- Refractive lens exchange
At Tewari Eye Centre Our patients many times ask us, “how much does Lasik cost ?” So Please remember “The most expensive surgery need not be the best procedure for you”. The cost of any surgery depends on the technology suitable for you.
Lasik surgery cost can be very variable ranging from Rs 12500 – 95000 and that depends on your eye condition, job profile & visual needs.
Feel free to discuss your options with best ophthalmologist before planning the surgery. All types of surgeries may not be suitable for you.
Understanding the Need for Refractive Correction
Your ability to see depends on the way that your eyes bend (refract) light. A refractive error occurs when they do not bend it perfectly, preventing the eye from focusing light correctly. Common refractive errors can be corrected with glasses and contact lenses temporarily but a surgery improves them permanently.
Rays of light can bend when they pass through water or a cornea such as the clear front surface of your eye. An abnormally shaped cornea bends the light imperfectly leading to a refractive error. Anatomical features affect the ability of your eyes to refract light and focus properly. Below are the factors that can cause refractive errors:
- Eye Length: While it may not seem to you that the shape of your eye is too long or too short, either condition can affect your vision. You may have nearsightedness if it is too long or farsightedness if it is too short.
- Curvature of the Cornea: The lens on the front of your eye needs to maintain an entirely spherical shape to refract a proper image. Refractions from irregular cornea shapes can produce astigmatism.
- Curvature of the Lens: When the curve of the lens conforms to the shape of your cornea and the eye length, there is no refractive error. However, a lens that is too flat causes farsightedness, and a curve that is too steep may produce nearsightedness types of problems.
LASIK eye surgery provides a path to clear vision at any age. You can achieve freedom from glasses, contact lenses and endless prescriptions with a procedure that permanently improves the vision.